Thursday, February 24, 2011

2/24/2011

Morgan ate all of her blueberries and seconds on blueberry bread pudding at breakfast.  She has obviously gotten over her dislike of blueberries.  At lunch she ate all of her green beans, about half of her turkey burger on a bun and a bite of kiwi.

Morgan must have brought me the binoculars to help her look into them at least 10 times today.  They have pictures of wildlife and scenery in them.  I think she is actually seeing the pictures because sometimes she will study it for a few seconds before taking it away.

Morgan has figured out how to get in and out of the box.  Well, at least she did it twice today.  Later on, she tried to get back in and couldn't get it, but she knew she could do it and it was frustrating her a little.  I gave her just enough help for her to be successful and she was AOK then.

Morgan and Joslyn have been getting in some pretty good squabbles lately.  Sometimes it is over a toy or just space, but usually it is over me.  It is often when Jos is cuddling me and Morgan notices.  She comes racing over and wants up or cuddled.  I always make room for her, but that just isn't good enough.  She usually starts either pushing Joslyn away or hitting at her, so I tell her gentle and give her the opportunity to give her a gentle touch.  If she does all is well, but if not, I put her down and tell her that we have to be gentle to our friends.  She doesn't like that at all, but is learning and usually will give Jos a gentle touch so it doesn't have to go to that point.

Morgan loves the drums that are back in the back room.  She and I sat side-by-side and played together.  I would drum several beats then pause and she would do it.  We did it over and over and Morgan loved that!

No comments:

Post a Comment