Morgan ate all of her peaches and second on biscuit at breakfast. At lunch she ate everything -- baked beans, dinner roll, broccoli and pineapple.
Kenzie and
Morgan built with the duplos for probably half of our inside free
choice time. It was great because they spent part of the time working
at independent projects and the other working together. Morgan build an interesting looking creation and told me, "It's a present. It's 'berry' special!" Later on, Kenzie helped Morgan add duplos to the duplo truck she was "fixing".
Kenzie
and Morgan built a 'stage' that was 5 or 6 big blocks high and just
about perfectly sized for just the two of them to stand side-by-side on
top of it to sing to the iPod. I said something about it being a
"stage" and Kenzie again gave me that "what do you know?" look and
informed me that it was their "sing ladder". Morgan piped right up and said, "Yeah, singing ladder". Well, at least they stick together! : )
It amazes me at how tune Morgan is with multiple things going on in the environment at the same time. Just as an example of what I mean, she is playing with the duplos with Kenzie and suddenly comments "The lava lamp is waking up!" Sure enough I glance up at the lava lamp way up on the shelf and it is starting to bubble and move some. I turn it on when we start work and it takes about 60 -80 minutes before it starts doing much. No one has said anything about the lava lamp to draw her attention to it, so it is just her being aware of her surroundings.
Another example is audio, rather than visual. Someone will ask for the music on so I will turn on the iPod to one of my Kid playlists and just let it run it's course. All of the kiddos are busy playing and seemingly oblivious to the music. Suddenly Morgan will belt out a phrase or line (or song) along with the iPod. You would swear that she didn't even know it was playing and then suddenly, "I'll turn you into a goonie bird" pops out at just the right time and with just the right tone inflection. It just cracks me up.
No comments:
Post a Comment