Thursday, August 30, 2012

8/30/12

Morgan ate most of her blueberries and her blueberry bread pudding at breakfast.  At lunch she ate all of her turkey burger on a bun and her green beans and about half of her pineapple. 

Yesterday at afternoon snack, I gave Thomas some animal crackers.  She is very watchful of what I give him because she understands that if he has the things he is allergic to, it will "make him sick".  After I set them down for him she got kind of a panicky look on her face and said, "Oh no!   I can't remember if he can have those!"  It was so cute!  : )  What a smart little kiddo!

Morgan spent almost all of the inside part of the morning playing with the duplos.  She was very interest and engaged and was playing mostly independently, with Joslyn parallel playing along side of her, but no one really playing with her.  She built up one of the duplo plates and then lined up about 8 of the people on it.  I asked her to tell me about what she had created and she said, "It's my special guest with people on it, my airplane."  As she was playing with it she accidentally dropped the "plane", said, "Oh no!" and quickly picked it back up.  She then proceeded to individually take off each duplo person and asked them "Are you OK?" before checking them over and putting them back on the plane.  : )  That is very detailed and advanced play. 

Outside Morgan wanted first one thing then another (of the special activities we sometimes do out there). She asked us to do bubbles, throw the Frisbees for them to chase, get back out the lawn mowers (which we had just exchanged for the trucks two days ago)...  We had three babies that were waking up, needing changed and also fed their bottles, so we really couldn't facilitate anything extra.  She was very perturbed when we told her we couldn't do those things today, but maybe tomorrow.  Just so you know, that is one of the very first indicators that a child is just beginning to be a little bored with our program -- when they are always wanting something different than what we have available.  That may not be the case, but I will keep you posted if I see more of this.  And like I said, it is usually the very first indicator and can be diminished by providing a little bigger variety of available options for the child.   I still believe she will do fine through next spring.  : ) 


No comments:

Post a Comment