Morgan ate all of her malt-o-meal and seconds on raisins at breakfast. At lunch she ate a couple bites of mixed fruit and all of her meaty spaghetti, curly noodles and corn (substituted for salad).
Morgan stopped fussy and being a "turkey" almost immediately. I asked her if she wanted to go to the window to wave bye and she adamently said "No!" and started to fuss again, so I didn't push it. It is so crazy how they get bent out of shape about something or something in their head and it just rules.
Morgan was very engaged in "cooking" basically until we started singing when Gary was setting up greakfast. I love how she can become and stay so engaged with something like that. She is actually almost always well engaged.
I have begun to do my focused observations and "testing" for the developmental checklist and Morgan is really enjoying being "tested". She always wants to do it first (and next), do it for as long as I will let her and then do it again when everyone has had their turns. It is funny. I was working mostly on the cognitive skills today and she excels there.
Today Gary was singing with the kiddos in the back room while I was settin gup lunch. After they had finished a song or two, Gary asked the kiddos if they wanted him to put on some music or sing some more. He said Morgan stopped what she was doing and thought (you could see the wheels turning) then emphatically said, "Music!" He was wondering if he should be offended or not. : )
No comments:
Post a Comment