Monday, February 13, 2012

2/13/12

Morgan ate all of her cheerios and a couple bites of her banana at breakfast.  At lunch she drank all of her tomato soup and ate about half of her grilled cheese sandwich and maybe a bite of her apple slices. 

Morgan was testing the limits this morning to see if anything had changed after being gone for a couple days.  We gave her several chances to "make a good choice" and reminders, then finally had her go play in the back room for a couple minutes.  She had a totally different attitude when she came back out to join us.

Morgan wanted me to fix her "crazy hair" this morning and specifically asked for a "whale spout", so I put a pony on top of her head.  She raced over to the mirror to see it and started chuckling!  Emily was watching as we did Morgan's and then she also asked for a "whale spout". 

We have started the second round of toilet training and this is the plan I am using.  I will take all of the oldest 5 to the kiddos to try to use the toilet at 8:00. 9:30. 11:00/or before nap (depending on their level and interest), and after nap.  In addition I will take any of them that tell me they need to go (as long as they haven't already just gone), and if I see them straining or looking like they are about to poop or pee.  I have purchased some cute little hand print charts with room for 25 mini-stickers.  Each time a child goes pee they can put one sticker on the chart and each time they poop they get two to put on.  When they get their sheet filled they can take it home.  If you want to get them a treat or fun family night other reward for completing the chart, that is totally up to you.  Since I am investing a considerable amount of time and energy into this, I am asking that you make sure to dress your kiddo in elastic waists (or dresses) and no onesies, bib overalls, or pants with buttons or snaps.  You guys do a good job with that over all anyway, but I am just letting everyone in the group know.  We will do this intensive training for two weeks and reevaluate to see who to continue with at that point.  So far we have two kiddos with "successes" today (Alayna and Kenzie).  If you have any specific concerns or info to pass on regarding this attempt, please let me know. 

Kenzie was so glad to see Morgan and followed her around faithfully all morning.  Every time Morgan moved away from her even slightly, Kenzie would ask her "What doing, Morgie?"  Morgan seemed to be glad to see Kenzie too, but really didn't make as big of a deal about it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment