Monday, July 16, 2012

7/16/12

Morgan ate all of her Chex cereal and most of her mixed fruit at breakfast.  At lunch she most of her apple slices and all of both her roast beef sandwich and her tomato soup. 

Morgan was excited to explore all of the "new" toys and play with many of them with Kenzie after she came.  They played together almost exclusively all morning long (both inside and out).  They started with building and knocking over big block towers.  They would build them as tall as we would let them ("only as tall as you are") and just crack up as they came crashing down. 

They were also singing heartily into the echo phones together.  They were standing on the little yellow bench (for their stage, I assume), then singing song after song.  When one of them couldn't think of another one, they would just make up a song about one of the toys or activities.  It just cracks me up!

Both Morgan and Kenzie were "doctorin'" Joslyn.  She put up with it for about 10 minutes before their poking and probing started to get on her nerves and I had to tell them she had had enough and they needed to move on to either each other or one of the dollies.  Morgan asked Kenzie, "Are you sick?" and Kenzie replied with a "No, are you sick?"  That wasn't nearly as fun, obviously, because they soon abandoned that activity and moved on. 

Morgan and Kenzie were racing around outside today searching for something and saying what I originally thought was "Mickey".  As I listened more closely, I realized they were saying "My Key".  Hmmm.  I wonder if one or the other of them has ever witnessed mom or dad in a similar activity?  : ) 

No comments:

Post a Comment