Wednesday, August 15, 2012

8/14/12

Morgan immediately told me she wanted to build something with the blocks and then continued by going to the block poster and showing me which "plan" she wanted to use.  I helped her get started and then she finished it off.

After that she moved on to the duplos and had SO many duplos stacked on top of the duplo truck.  She pretty muck lined it at least three high, then on top of stacks of them she put a "guy" on each one.  I told them, "Be careful guys.  Don't fall off!"  She loved that.

Nora came back today (after being gone since the Thursday before our Dillon trip).  I sat down on the floor to greet her, visit and play with her a little.  Morgan came right over and was directly imitating what I was doing to interact with Nora.  It was very cute.

Morgan requested that we sing our "Hickety Pickety Bumble Bee" song every before breakfast, so I told her we would do it first thing after breakfast as it it kind of difficult to do that while parents are coming, we are meeting the younger babies bottle and napping needs, and Gary is setting up breakfast.  Just as soon as breakfast was over, Morgan reminded me.  (Not much gets by her!)  We started with that which let to more songs, which led to the sign language cards, which led to story time -- all in direct succession.  We usually do all of those, but with periods of free play between!  : )

Morgan was using her words well with Kenzie today and I was able to catch her and help enforce that Kenzie listen to her words, which was great!

No comments:

Post a Comment